- Water, for boiling
- 3 pounds medium red, tan-skin or yellow (Yukon Gold) potatoes
For the dressing:
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ribs celery, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Coleman’s dried mustard
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- Parsley sprigs, for garnish
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the potatoes for 30 minutes or until tender but slightly resistant when pierced with a fork. Drain and cool. Do not peel. When cool, cut into 11⁄2-inch pieces and place in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, celery, green onions, celery seed, parsley, chopped egg, dried mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture over potatoes and mix gently until coated. Taste for seasoning. Refrigerate for at least 1 to 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
- To serve, transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with parsley. Serve cold.
Can be made a day ahead, covered and refrigerated. Taste for seasoning before serving.
Serves 6 to 8.