- 1 1/2 pounds ripe cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh French bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound penne, fusilli or farfallini pasta
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Put the tomato halves in a large baking dish that can be brought to the table.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, bread crumbs, cheese, salt and pepper. Spoon evenly over the tomatoes. Spoon the olive oil evenly over the mixture.
- Roast the tomatoes for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly, browned and slightly thickened.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta for about 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain well.
- Add the pasta to the tomato mixture in the baking dish. Add the basil and toss to combine. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Serve immediately.
- This dish is best made just before serving.
- For a more substantial dish, try adding cooked, shredded chicken to the pasta.
- Serve this on its own with a mixed green salad, or serve it alongside simple grilled fish or chicken.
- Refrigerate any leftover pasta and serve chilled the next day, with cold roast chicken, salmon or halibut.
Serves 4-6 people