- Butter or shortening, for greasing the pan
- 3 cups raspberries, cleaned and picked over
- 3 medium-size peaches, pitted and cut into 2-inch dice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup crème fraîche, store-bought or homemade
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 10-inch by 8-inch or 12-inch by 9-inch baking dish or gratin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the fruit, 1/2 cup flour and the granulated sugar until the fruit is well coated. Transfer to the pan.
- Evenly spread the crème fraîche over the fruit mixture using a rubber spatula.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, salt, lemon zest and 1 cup flour and mix together. Add the vanilla and melted butter and mix until it becomes soft dough.
- Crumble the mixture with your fingers evenly over the fruit. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and completely cooked through. The dish can be prepared 8 hours ahead, covered and kept at room temperature before serving. Reheat in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes before serving, or serve at room temperature.
Makes 6-8 servings.