- 1 pound spaghetti, linguine, tagliolini or bucatini
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated pecorino Romano
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, 8-10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 1/2 cups cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the pepper; cook until fragrant, about a minute. Add 3/4 cup pasta water. Increase the heat to medium-high; heat to a boil. Transfer pasta to skillet.
- Sprinkle all of the pecorino over the pasta; toss well, creating a sauce, until the sauce clings to the pasta, about 2 minutes, adding more pasta water as needed. Arrange on serving plates; sprinkle with the Parmesan.
Serves 4 people as a main course, 6 people as a first course.