- 5 ounces shredded kale (½ 10 ounce bag)
- 1 medium head of Romaine lettuce, dark green leaves removed, shredded
- 1½ cups cooked cooled quinoa
- ⅓ cup dried currants
- ⅓ cup toasted almonds, preferably Marcona, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons Dijon style whole grain mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly shaved Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- In a salad bowl combine the kale, lettuce, quinoa, currants and almonds together and toss.
- In a food processor combine the salad dressing ingredients. Process until smooth. Taste for seasoning.
- Just before serving, toss the dressing with the salad ingredients and garnish with the Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Serves 6 people as a side dish, 3 to 4 people as a main dish.