- 1 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced small
- 1 Gala apple, peeled and diced small
- 1/4 cup sliced grapes
- 2 Gala apples, tops removed and insides hollowed out
- Add mustard, honey and creme fraiche to a large mixing bowl. Mix well. Add apples and grapes. Toss well. Spoon into apples and serve.
Wright’s Waldorf Salad
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 Gala apple, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced celery root
- 6 candied walnut halves
- 1/4 cup grapes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or sour cream
- 3 celery leaves, diced
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- Add apples, celery root, candied walnuts and grapes to a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add yogurt, honey, sugar, creme fraiche, celery leaves and walnut oil. Mix dressing until well blended. Add to apple mixture and toss well. Serve immediately.
- Remember to sample the apples in advance to make sure they are crisp and delicious and not mealy.
- Don’t cut up the apples until just before you’re ready to serve because they oxidize quickly and will turn dark.
Serves 2 people.