- 4 medium Asian Pears, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 medium Pippin or Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 2-inch chunks
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Place all the ingredients in a heavy non-aluminum saucepan on medium heat. Cover and simmer for about 12 minutes, or until the apples are slightly softened.
- Remove cover and continue cooking, stirring occasionally to break up the large pieces, until the apples are soft but there is still some texture, about another 7-10 minutes. (You can use a potato masher if needed).
- Adjust seasoning with more maple syrup or lemon juice. Cool and refrigerate.
Makes 4 cups.