- 1 pound Jerusalem artichokes, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 6 scallions, white and light green part only, cleaned and sliced into 2 inch pieces
- 8 whole garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425F. In a large shallow roasting pan, combine the vegetables, and garlic cloves and toss to combine. Drizzle with the oil. Add the thyme, salt and pepper, and mix well, being sure to coat all the vegetables evenly.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and roast for 40 minutes, turning the vegetables once. Continue roasting for 10 more minutes or until crisp, brown and cooked through.
- Taste the vegetables for seasoning, spoon them into a serving bowl and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
May be prepared up to 4 hours ahead, kept at room temperature and reheated in a 350F oven for about 20 minutes.
Serves 4 to 6 people.