- 5 eggs
- 1 + 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened to room temperature and cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons Kirsch or other fruit liqueur
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries or blackberries
- Powdered sugar, for the garnish
- Grease and flour a 9″ bundt pan. Preheat oven to 325F.
- In large mixing bowl, blend eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add pieces of butter and Kirsch or fruit liqueur and blend with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add all but 2 tablespoons of the flour (reserving the 2 tablespoons to coat the berries), baking powder and salt and mix until well incorporated, with no lumps.
- In separate bowl, toss the berries with the remaining 2 tablespoons flour coating them evenly. Gently fold into cake mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 30 minutes in the pan. Invert cake onto a cake rack and cool thoroughly. Dust with powdered sugar. Place on a platter and serve.
This can be made a day ahead, covered well and left at room temperature.
Check out Quick Bundt Cake Tips here.
Serves 8 to 10 people.