- 30 Maraschino cherries or fresh Bing cherries, with stems
- 1 ¼ cups good quality bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. Make sure that the cherries are very dry with no residual moistness; otherwise the chocolate will not stick.
- Melt the chocolate in a glass or stainless steel bowl over a large pan of just-simmering water. Watch carefully and stir occasionally. Make sure that the chocolate is completely melted.
- Holding the stem, dip each cherry into the chocolate and swirl around until it is completely coated with the melted chocolate. Remove from the chocolate and let extra chocolate drip off.
- Place the cherries on the cookie sheet, making sure that none are touching. Refrigerate for at least an hour or until set. Serve on a pretty glass or white plate.